Danka has spent more than 20 years building a reputation in the interior design and property development industry and has been nominated for many awards along the way. She has worked with many clients, creating a diverse range of styles on a variety of projects from a private residence to penthouses, clubs, bars, art galleries, resorts and hotels just to name a few.
Danka focuses on getting to know her clients’ personality, tastes and preferences so she can personally guarantee the success of every project.
She is also very mindful about the privacy of her projects and clients, and will never disclose project location or details; in fact, the projects featured in social media are normally on the market.
Danka’s sole purpose is to deliver to her clients’ needs and tastes. The best possible result is what she strives to achieve. Most of her clients are repeat business or recommendations.
Her deep knowledge of design, space and the construction process ensures that her projects are executed to meet her exacting standards; and delivered on time and budget.
She particularly enjoys bringing tired old heritage buildings to life and transforming them into highly desirable residential and retail spaces. Her other interest in property development is in the construction of boutique luxury apartments for the owner occupier.
Danka lives on the Gold Coast with her husband has one daughter who is a naturopath and a son who is an architect.
Having gone through cancer, she loves rowing with a Gold Coast women’s dragon boating team; a club that supports survivors of breast cancer.
- Nominated for telstra women of the year 2017 entrepreneur of the year category and runner up for QLD
- First career was in banking and working as a bank auditor/investments
- Property development on our own projects from my early 30’s
- Member of Gold Coast Chamber of industry and commerce – promoting Gold Coast as a destination through our own backpacker industry businesses.
- Interests in Export of Australian products/organic and health food to Middle East and China
- Elected 2022 – executive board member/Director of Australian Arab Chamber of commerce and industry, representing Australian
businesses in the export of high quality health foods/organic produce.
- Assisting with export and trade in the Middle East.
- Council awards: Commercial Landscape Design 1999.
- Sculpture exhibition in 2000 Gold Coast Art Centre award first clay medium.
- Women in Business Award 2010. Recognised for achievements in the industry.
- BSA award 10m category – Eco Resort.
- Best of the Best Design Publication 2009.
- BSA recognition in project management and quantity surveyor.
- BA DipEd-Arts.
Attending courses and trade fairs relevant to her industry on a regular basis is just another way Danka likes to keep ahead of the latest trends and construction materials to include in her projects.
Currently completing two books
- Titled: “PROPERTY and PROFIT” difference could be an emotional connection.
- Titled: “Living in the CBD” is it for you?